Thread: Cracked Frame
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #27
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Angry Yikes. Mine is also cracking.

Thanks for posting this. After reading your post, I just now took a look at mine. There's a full crack along the rear side of the lower bracket and the paint has peeled off the rear side of the upper bracket which would indicate there's been some flexing there as well. The crack on the lower side of the rear bracket has extended partway across the bottom of the frame. The trailer's probably still safely towable across town to a welding shop but sure wouldn't take it any further.

Last time I checked (around a month ago) there were no signs of cracking. I'll be calling TM tomorrow...though since the trailer is now 4 years old I may/may not get much warranty support. I was, repeat was, going camping this weekend. That is definitely not going to happen now.

In case anyone's wondering, I do use a WDH.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote