Thread: Gas Struts
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 07:09 PM   #74
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default water line risks for the rear shell mount (street side only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
I little easier to see.

I can see where this would be much harder on the plumbing side. May even require moving the plumbing (which wouldn't be that hard).
My "front shell install" is street side, with the 40 gallon water tank behind it. That plumbing lines for that water tank and the water pump are within interior space beside the wall, not mounted within the wall, and they weren't hit by mounting screws.

But for the far rear street side corner, attachment of a similar floor underside mounting plate on the the street side (with plumbing) will very likely cause the 4" deck screws to pierce tub "H" or "C" inlet pipes, and possibly the drain valve lines as well. 2 pipes (tub H and C) are definitely within the wall behind the toilet area, and might be embedded into the wall very close to the floor.

My 4" long deck screws could possibly pierce those water lines and create a mess. So, I'm hoping that just one gas strut wil again be adequate for the shell, with assistance occurring only on the curb side. No water lines in the lower wall on that side should mean no problem.