View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #4
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
In some cases, it may be possible to weigh the left and right wheel independently. I don't think you can do it on a CAT scale, but as an example, if I show up at the transfer station in my town, I can make two passes through their scale. On the first pass, I keep as far to the left as possible, and the TM's left tire runs down the apron instead of onto the weighing platform. Second pass, opposite. Naturally, they prefer that I show up when they are not busy, and pull out of the line if a trash truck shows up and needs to be weighed.

Scales like this are available at a lot of places. Recycling centers, concrete mixing yards, landscaping companies, masonry suppliers, moving companies, and many other places suggest themselves. It is my experience that local businesses are happy to help if you are polite and considerate.

Bill
I was considering doing the exact same thing.... So if we ARE unballanced, what would be a "solution"? I was considering moving my "stuff" as to better ballance the triler. Also making sure of even tread wear. As an aside... I NEVER travel with full water tanks, but as I noted that still doesn't solve the issue completly.
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote