View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 12:36 PM   #5
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
I was considering doing the exact same thing.... So if we ARE unballanced, what would be a "solution"? I was considering moving my "stuff" as to better ballance the triler. Also making sure of even tread wear. As an aside... I NEVER travel with full water tanks, but as I noted that still doesn't solve the issue completly.
We have travelled fully loaded, toilet charged, water full, and even bottled water (ugh, on the street side as well!). We were so heavily loaded with our gear that we were actually overweight by about 100 lbs on the rear axle of our Tahoe. We travelled freeway speeds and up the Coquihalla that way. Other than struggling to keep our speed up on the steep inclines, I did not notice any handling issues.

That said, I'd never ever load it like that again. I wouldn't fill the water tank and toilet until the last water stop before our destination. I think that as long as you pack the heavy items towards the front of the trailer, maybe store canned goods in the cabinets by the stove, you should be fine. These trailers have been in production in some form or other for 30-40 years(?) I forget when they actually went into commercial production.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote