View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 11:46 AM   #32
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default I should have gone with an electric model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
What electric jack were you looking at that’s too tall? I have electric jacks on my 2007 3326 (think KS) and 2000 2720SL, both have front slide-outs.
I finally had a chance to pull the older 2619 out from the garage, lifting the shells. Clearance between the top of the A-frame tongue jack mounting plate and the bottom of the slide-out bed pan is over 34" , FAR HIGHER than I had guessed. All of the power jacks which other TM owners have installed would have "fit" with plenty of room to spare.

Turning then handle, on my particular model of hand-cranked manual jack, is also more difficult than I expected: I had hoped to enjoy very easy "spinning" o of the handle when it the base is still within open air (while carrying zero load).

Instead, it is a moderately difficult push in either direction, and each handle rotation corresponds to only a tiny change in total height. This jack rises and drops very slowly.

If it had been easier to turn the handle (while the base is unloaded), AND if the non-handle end of the internal cylinder had included a terminating hex bolt head, I could have maybe used used a drill with a socket to spin it more quickly through the range of travel with zero loading. But the jack's main drive cylinder ends with only a short round overhang, not a hex bolt head.