View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
miker259

Default Mattress mods - topper or inflatable?

We bought a ntu 2720 at the end of last season and love every bit of it - except the mattress. My back is usually killing me in the AM, so I'm pretty sure I need more support.

Folks on here seem to favor a mattress topper, inflatable, RV Superbag or some combo. I'm looking to minimize setup/breakdown time as I have two little ones and it takes us an hour to set up and break down as it is. I'd prefer something that can be left on the bed but sounds like clearance is a common issue.

Thus, I'm leaning towards an inflatable with a superbag, but have some questions:
1 - does your inflatable go on the mattress or underneath? If underneath, does a standard 110v pump have enough power to inflate it?
2 - what is the thinnest air mattress you've found? It seems like they are all standard 8" thickness which seems like too much when combined with the existing mattress.
3 - how warm is the RV superbag vs standard bedding? We were chilly last weekend with a sheet, comforter and blanket (40 degree low) so I was thinking of getting a heated blanket.

Thanks all!

Mike
miker259 is offline   Reply With Quote