View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 05:41 AM   #5
klpauba

I love our Curve for the very same reasons you state, ThePair.

Regarding the gray water ... it confuses me why the runoff from washing is perfectly fine to toss into the bushes when tent camping but allowing it to flow through the piping in our trailers suddenly makes it unacceptable for RVers to do the same.

Filtering is necessary to remove the foodstuffs that are the main cause of the smell that can result when storing gray water. It's also good to use a biodegradable soap.

I would like to experiment in not storing the gray water at all. I had read of an RVer who drills a 1" hole a foot or so into the ground and has a hose with a 3/4" PVC pipe with and end cap, a number of holes drilled near the end cap and a valve at the top. When he gets to a camp, he drills the hole, shoves the PVC pipe into the ground, hooks the hose to the gray water drain and adjusts the valve for a trickle flow. He mentioned that the (roughly) 14 gal of gray water a day that he uses drains overnight without creating a pool of it anywhere. It would seem this would work well in all but the rocky soils.
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote