View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #6
Jampcourt

More and more states in the southern part of the United States are putting in place greywater friendly legislation, but you should always check with the local enforcing agency. Most of this legislation is geared towards installing systems for home or industrial use, not RV's.
In Colorado, it varies from place to place, but this practice would not be allowed in our state or forest service campgrounds. I'm not sure that I'd want the drain you describe when in bear country, even if particulates were filtered out...not right under the trailer!
I assume that this would work only if you had separate drains for the greywater and black water tanks, or if you had a curve or cassette toilet. Our 2013 model has the separate valves, but I understand that TM has stopped this practice.
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote