View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 12:03 PM   #7
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Battery may also be dead (with solar OK), in spite of the 'young' age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganTM3124KB View Post
Hi yall, new to the TM family and loving our camper. Definitely learning a ton..

I can't seem to figure out why my solar panels are not charging the battery. I have the rig set up outside and it is getting full sun, but still nothing is registering on the Go Power solar controller.

I took the battery out and charged it/re-installed. I was able to use the lights for maybe 5 minutes and there was a display on the solar controller but after the 5 minutes, it was back to blank displays and no power.
Re-reading today, it is very strange that your "charged and re-installed" battery was able to run ceiling lights for only about 5 minutes.

The battery might be utterly failed for some reason, unable to both accept input power AND store it away for future use. If, by running the lights, your battery voltaqe fell below about 9 volts, even a "good" and working solar controller will be unable to work with the battery. Nearly all will disconnect the battery teminal (internally) when they grossly low battery voltage.

Do you basic a volt meter? (If not, you should get one). When the lights "go out", what is the voltage across the battery terminals?