View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 05:28 PM   #6
OwenTrail
Site Sponsor

I think I have a work around to fix the broken bracket issue. Tell me what you think.
Since the torsion bars are still in the correct slot and not under pressure since the shells are raised, I thought I could do the following.
Place a jack with a support under the torsion bars to keep them in place. Attach a plate to the back of the bracket that has been pre-cut so that there are two slots cut to the right width and length to accommodate each torsion bar. slip this plate up from the bottom so that each of the torsion bars align with the pre-cut slots and attach the plate to the back of the structurally sound pieces of the existing bracket. I will have to get creative to find a spot to attach the plate where all the welds broke, but think i have found a good spot. Ill let you all know how it turns out. Any suggestions sure would be welcome. And thank you Shane for your input.
I really was scared of detaching the lift bars and supporting the two shells so that I could work with the torsion bars. Plus- My drive way has quite the grade and I live in a cul-de-sac with no room to set up the TM on level footing.

OwenTrail
OwenTrail is offline   Reply With Quote