Thread: 3M VHB Tape
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2023, 01:24 PM   #35
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Final commentary WRT the '2000' supporting a microwave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdlaut View Post
The "Non-linear load, crest factor 3:1" was in reference to the 2000W continuous power rating. I used a microwave for 6 years on our boat. It was the 3000W Multiplus.

I chose the Victron because of the seamless integration of shore power, and solar, and the ability to blend them while charging.

I misspoke earlier when I said I intended to use a B2B for charging to front battery. I will actually use the a/c output from either the Victron or shore power to supply power to the existing WFC charger / distribution panel. That won't affect the existing wiring and makes the DC wiring much simpler.
result of it's superior headroom. The 3000w models (also rated 5500w peak) are comparable to the Inverter I use with a slightly small "900w" kitchen model. My Inverter is rated 3000/6000, and I confirmed that it CAN run 3000w continuous for muiple minutes in a row (before deciding to accept it, rather than do a "return for refund").

The smaller 2000w model might be good with a one of the newer "Inverter friendly" Panasonic models, but it's characteristics imply a high risk of failure if you ask it to drive a "normal" microwave rated as "900w power" or higher. There have been quite a few reports of issues with the "2000 watt" Multiplus issues failing to drive extended continuous loads above 1600 watts. Unless the new panasonic microwaves are super-smooth, with GREATLY reduced reactance factors, I would expect to see problems.