View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 04:05 PM   #7
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Culver View Post
Hello all,
I plan to upgrade my TM lead acid battery most likely to a Lithium Lifepo4 200 Amp hour setup.

The lithium batteries I'm looking at could theoretically draw 50 amps from the Tow vehicle when depleted. I believe my Nissan Frontier 2022 can supply 130 amps if it needs to but I need to verify that. So perhaps in my case alternator burnout would be unlikely.
Both of the DC chargers will pull reduced amps from the bargman cable (in the superior Victron, that's a cellphone-programmable parameter). They also pull nothing at all when voltage on the TBC falls too low.

But your on-board power converter might need to be upgraded, and your "200Ah battery setup" plan might be be an especially good one. Feel free to contact me via PM or post here, with your tentative plans or any questions. I'm way smarter than "rvacrossamerica" about this stuff.