View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Mark,

I miss my cassette too. I use to have the GrandviewSP by Coleman.

I would not buy less than a 10 gallon tote. That allows for the 6 gallons of black water from the toilet and a gallon or two for a rinse. I actually do a rinse with three gallons to put clean water through the pump and the internal hose that feeds the bowl wash. So between the 6 gallons and the 3 gallons of rinse, the tote is rather full and heavy.

I came up with a technique to give the toilet a real nice rinsing once the trailer is folded up and in the garage. I have a storm drain in my garage which comes in handy for what I am about to explain.

I fold the trailer up with the Thetford valve open. I use that black cap with the hose connection and I back-fill the toilet with hot water from a garden hose and a faucet in my garage. I use a clock to calculate how much water I am filling up into the toilet tank so that I don't overflow things. I then shut the water off, close the outside valve, remove the black cap that has the hose connection on it and at that point, I reopen the black water valve and out comes the warm water in a big whoosh! I do that process twice and well, at that point, my toilet is very, very clean.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote