TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #1
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Default Pressure switch help

2009 2720QB , Pressure switch at bathroom wall doesnt seem to be working.I’m leaving For trip Tomorrow Morning and shuts off lights every 30 minutes then comes back on.

My carbon monoxide /propane detector is working, but I don’t know what else relies on the pressure switch in my year 2009 and model?

Fuses all good and when lights die, manually pressing switch does nothing .

My guess is bad switch ? Any pointers on how to replace the switch?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3944.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	23576   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3943.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	561.0 KB
ID:	23577  
Old Today, 12:59 AM   #2
Dan3023

You could just swap in a toggle switch for now. Just remember to turn it off when closing it up.
Dan3023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
...when lights die, manually pressing switch does nothing.
If pressing and releasing the switch manually several times doesn't change the situation, I'm not sure why we would home in solely on the switch - although it is certainly a good candidate. During the early minutes, when the lights are working, does releasing the switch turn the lights off?

Grasping at straws here - has the switch ever gotten seriously wet? For example, was the shower water turned on before the shower curtain was pulled around, allowing water to flow under the edge of the wall and soak into the body of the switch? That could have caused corrosion inside the switch, or even on the switch connection terminals. You can easily check the terminals for corrosion.

TM changed the list of things controlled by the switch at the time they went to LED lights in the rear ceiling fixtures. I don't know if your TM has the previous configuration or the new one, so it is a little hard to pin down. I remember that the CO detector was one of the controlled items - mine used to "squeek!" whenever the button was released. That is probably the same today, but you seem to indicate that the CO detector keeps working even when the lights have gone off.

The 30-minute thing suggests a thermal issue - something heats up and loses electrical contact. The switch is certainly a possibility, but there are others. For example, things get warm in the converter box. Did you actually pull out the fuse involved, and then replace it? Can you swap the fuse with another of the same amp-value from a different slot in the fuse block? If you have a tester of some kind, can you confirm that there is voltage at the input side of the fuse, even when the lights have turned off?

For a temporary fix, replacing the switch with a toggle switch isn't a bad idea. Of course you need to install it in such a way that it stays dry, and doesn't get crushed when the bathroom wall is raised. But that should be do-able.

You can certainly get a replacement switch from the factory. To replace it, you have to work from inside the rear compartment, but that is not a big deal. That doesn't help you immediately, of course.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:10 AM   #4
DanSTL
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If pressing and releasing the switch manually several times doesn't change the situation, I'm not sure why we would home in solely on the switch - although it is certainly a good candidate. During the early minutes, when the lights are working, does releasing the switch turn the lights off?
Latest report is lights stayed on all night and yes, releasing switch by dropping wall turned lights off. Previously I stayed on for 30 minutes then off 30 minutes.

Quote:
Grasping at straws here - has the switch ever gotten seriously wet? For example, was the shower water turned on before the shower curtain was pulled around, allowing water to flow under the edge of the wall and soak into the body of the switch? That could have caused corrosion inside the switch, or even on the switch connection terminals. You can easily check the terminals for corrosion.
—Not to my knowledge. Are the terminals the screws at the end of the blue wires?

Quote:
TM changed the list of things controlled by the switch at the time they went to LED lights in the rear ceiling fixtures. I don't know if your TM has the previous configuration or the new one, so it is a little hard to pin down. … you seem to indicate that the CO detector keeps working even when the lights have gone off.
—Yes, CO detector and toilet fan work fine.
1. Do you suspect the water heater ( on propane ) or AC could be tied to switch too?

Quote:
The 30-minute thing suggests a thermal issue - something heats up and loses electrical contact. The switch is certainly a possibility, but there are others. For example, things get warm in the converter box. Did you actually pull out the fuse involved, and then replace it? Can you swap the fuse with another of the same amp-value from a different slot in the fuse block? If you have a tester of some kind, can you confirm that there is voltage at the input side of the fuse, even when the lights have turned off?
—I used a circuit tester and showed power at fuse head even with lights off, and I pulled and inspected all fuses; however at your suggestion I’ve isolated source fuse and replaced (even though it worked all night)

Quote:
For a temporary fix, replacing the switch with a toggle switch isn't a bad idea. Of course you need to install it in such a way that it stays dry, and doesn't get crushed when the bathroom wall is raised. But that should be do-able.

You can certainly get a replacement switch from the factory. To replace it, you have to work from inside the rear compartment, but that is not a big deal. That doesn't help you immediately, of course.
2. Is the pressure switch on other end of the picture blue wires ? Do I unscrew switch from above to start? Is the switch testable with multimeter and only replaceable from factory stock?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3948.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	878.7 KB
ID:	23578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3946.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	23579  
DanSTL is online now   Reply With Quote