TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2024, 09:55 AM   #1
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

OhioMike:

Overall, my '2006 2619' is still better than new, with hardly any wear and tear issues. But it was highly customized when built, and it is always stored in the garage.

I replaced the original 3-way fridge, it never performed well in really hot weather.

I then added a couple of solar panels, more recently upgrading to "700 watts" nominal. (However, they typically average only 200-400 watts from 11 AM to 3 PM (daylight time), because they are mounted flat on the roof. Sunlight versus Clouds matters a lot (as do campsite tress). I get considerably total less power in late August and September, when days are shorter and the angle of sunlight is worse.

My front bench storage (inside) is full of electrical equipment - a lot of LFP battery cells (totaling about 700 AH), and a big inverter. We usually camp without plugins, but can usually run the air conditioner for at least a couple hours around dinner time, in hot weather. (We keep 120-VAC active all the time in remote camping, the "idle" draw by the inverter is small.)

The "bigger" 5000 axle has never needed a bearing repack, I have merely replaced the grease each year. At some point, I might replace the toilet- even though it doesn't stink at all (I created a silent fan-powered vent which keeps it odor-free, running a small computer fan 24x7).