TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #1
pemc4279

Default Re purpose front bunk

Hi everyone!
I'd like to repurpose the front bunk and put in shelving and/or makeshift seating. Anyone done anything like this? Pictures would be great!
pemc4279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #2
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Do you mean to create shelving and/or seating on the platform of the front bed? I'm assuming your TM is a model which has a bed at both the front and the back of the trailer - your profile signature doesn't specify the model #.

Whatever would be devised, it would have to fold down fairly small to close up the trailer - about the thickness of the current mattress and maybe an additional 2". Not sure the shelving would be all that useful, since everything you would possibly be putting on the shelves would have to be stored somewhere when you close down the trailer.

I think I do remember someone building some sort of shelves, on which the sides folded out, and the shelves dropped down, so the whole unit was flat against the wall. Maybe a search on here will uncover it...

An option for seating could be some sort of Kotatsu type seats - but they might be fairly expensive to order from Japan.

I use rubber maid bins to store some of the stuff I have out around the trailer when opened (decorative pillows, utensils in a bucket, desk lamp, etc) and then I just put the rubber maid bins behind the bathroom wall on the spare bed in the back, which actually has been converted into an area for my dogs (no mattress, indoor/outdoor carpet instead).

Some sort of plastic drawer units might be handy - easily stored on the floor when the TM is closed, and then lifted onto the bed platform once the unit is opened. Since they are on wheels, you could easily move them around on the bed platform to wherever you want. Obviously you'd want to remove the mattress.