TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > For Sale Section > TrailManors Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-29-2024, 08:00 PM   #1
lrsinwy

Default On the lookout for a 3023/3124KB

Hi All!

Family of 5 with growing kids. While our smaller tent-frame pop up has served us well and given us many memories, we're looking to upgrade. We'd like to find a larger model that fits all 5 of us as our kids hit their teens, and maybe even a guest. 3124KB seem ideal but we can be flexible depending on what's available.

I remember hearing that after a certain year they moved from a wood frame to aluminum and it sounds like we'd prefer to steer more towards the aluminum and fiberglass frames to avoid wood-rot issues. Open to input and advice.

Located in southeast Wyoming but we're willing to travel depending on the situation. We'd like to stay under 15K.

You have a great community here and I must say that it's pretty nice being able to discuss maintenance, parts, technicals, and experiences with other owners of your same make/model of trailer.
lrsinwy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 06:31 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Good morning -

I changed the model number in your title to avoid confusion. Just FYI, the first 2-digit number is always larger than the second 2-digit number by 7. Hence model number 2518, 2720, 3023, 3124, 3326, etc. It has to do with the open and closed lengths.

With 3 teens, yes, you will need space. When I was that age, my parents moved the sleeping quarters for my brother and me out of the camper and into the back of the HUGE Chevy Suburban tow vehicle. It was well set up with air mattresses, sleeping bags, dry and bug-free, and we enjoyed the privacy. Other camping families set up tents for the same purpose.

As you have heard, TrailManor changed the framing material of the shells from wood to aluminum, making the change over several years from about 2000 to 2003. A unit built within that time span could be either way - you need to check. Note that there is nothing wrong with wood framing in the shells, as long as it is still solid and dry. For 20 years, TM built campers with wooden shell frames, with very few problems. For an older camper you should check for rot, but the important thing is for owners to take note of leaks, and fix them promptly. Wood that sits, saturated, for a long time, will rot. As you would expect, wood that is temporarily wet, but quickly dries, seems to stay in good shape.

FYI, the outer frame of the floor is still wood, but rot seems to be rare in that area.

Good luck in your search.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 05:15 PM   #3
lrsinwy

Hi Bill,

I defer to your wisdom on the model numbers. Thanks for doing that!

We have considered another option, tents, an air mattress in our vehicle, etc. Anything to look out for during our search or when we go out to look at them?

Lisa
lrsinwy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #4
ratheders
Site Sponsor

Default Willing to Sell 2006 3023

Hi, I am willing to sell my 2006 3023. I live in Southern California and am willing to drive a bit to buyer. I recently (May 2024) took it out for 4 nights. Everything works, title in hand and ready to take out, several upgrades. I am looking for $11k for the Trailmanor. If you would like to know more about my Trailmanor contact me ([email protected]) and I will send pictures and a list of features.
ratheders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3124 3024 wanted