TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Bernbob

Default No electrical power to the water heater

OK, I am probably posting this in the wrong place, and this question has probably been already discussed, but I couldn't find it, so here it goes.
2011 3124KS
Just came back from Ashville NC for nine days and realized that the water heater no longer works while on shore power. I think it went out at the last campground we stayed in before returning to Florida(worked fine the rest of the time). I checked the breaker and all the fuses in the converter. No blown fuses and the breakers are working as they should(110 coming in and 110 going out, and yes I checked all breakers, including the 20-20). But----I noticed that there is no power at the outside heater switch(checked by putting an ohm meter across the leads on the switch and found no current at that point). I checked the switch with an ohm meter with no power and the switch seems to be functioning fine.
I did notice that when I pulled the fuses in the converter(30amp) each lit the little red light next to it, with the exception of one, that light only flickered for a second and then remained out(don't know what it means though).
Everything else electrical in the camper is working fine, including the fridge and the AC.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not super mechanical, and I am sure I am missing something. Thanks for any help you can provide. Bernie
Bernbob is offline   Reply With Quote