TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
Wingedryder

Default Hot brake - why?

I have a 2013 27/20 SD TM (single axle) that I pur'd new late last year. I've been confounded by excess heat from the pass side brakes, while little heat generated from the drivers side. Originally, we smelled brake shoes from pass side only. Testing downhill grades and checking immediately after, the drum heat ramps up on the pass side as much as 150+ degrees above the drivers side, which might reach barely over 100 degrees.

After both dealer and my nearby hitch shop rechecked, neither could find any problem. I've since spoken to the factory, and a recent Trailblazer rally spoke to numerous other TM owners, none of which had ever experienced a difficulty. After crossing 2 high mtn passes with long downhill grades of approx. 7%, and fading trailer brake from the heat, I'm at my wits end. I never had braking issues on a smaller pop-up trailer, and always downshift into 2nd gear, sparingly using brakes, but now I'm concerned. I have less than 1,000 miles on our TM, have upgraded to a "Primus" Tokonshua controller with no apparent improvement. Some suggest I ck for shorts in the elec brake wiring, or ck the magnet resistance, though I'm told they've been checked when in for svc.

Anyone else experiencing brake problems as yet. Thanks in advance!

WingedRyder
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote