TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Default New Fridge not cooling adeqautely

I have a brand new Dometic RM2354 Americana refrigerator that I had a dealer install to replace a Norcold that burned.

The frig is not performing well. The frig will maintain about 20 degrees colder than the outside at best. The low 50's is the lowest I've seen. During the day it's in the 60's. Outside temps are low 80's during the day and 50-60 at night. I have run it only on propane. The freezer gets a little below freezing. The controls are set for maximum cooling. I have a wireless thermometer for both the freezer and the frig compartment.

I have run the frig through 2 camping trips completely empty so hot food is not a factor. The trips were 3-4 days long so it has plenty of time to start working.

The last trip I removed the top vent cover and put in a couple of computer fans to improve airflow. This seemed to help just a bit but it didn't fix it.

The burner shows a blue flame with a little bit of yellow. The tube at the top of the boiler is hot, 200-300 degrees. The cooling fins cool it down to 85 or so. One thing I am not sure about is what the size of the flame is supposed to be.

There aren't a lot of parts to this thing. I'm sort of running out of things to check.

I plan to take it back to the dealer but it will be a month or so before I can take it down there again. It would be nice to get it working.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote