TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2024, 11:47 PM   #21
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosnap View Post
Thanks Jerry,

When we got back from Elkmont, we promptly went to the plateau for the week. I do live near Knoxville, but I don't know if I have a technical problem, per se, or if it's simply user error/ignorance of the system.

The mixing of the AC/DC through the converter, I think, is where i go off the rails.

I would prefer on the readouts to show the actual battery level rather than full because it's getting DC from the converter via AC shore power, however, I wouldn't want my boards to be unusable because they were pulling from the battery, I guess I'll just have to get used to that. Also, the factory solar does the same, so I assume it's wired in similarly. There's just not much recent information in the TM Manual and mine didn't come with a Solar manual, I'm trying to piece together what it is and it's capacity before I try to make any additions/changes. Thanks again, But I think I'll just have to wait till they are done moving the factory and then try to get a hold of the guys at TM.

Rick, where did you find a location to install your inverter and Lithium batteries? If you have a post, could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks again guys, I've never felt so welcomed!
The '120 Volt AC' and '12 Volt DC' electrical systems are not really "mixed" at the Power Converter. The power converter contains lots of electronics (that's why they're expensive) which try to use power, taken from the 120-VAC A/C side, to generate and provide "12 Volt DC power" from the output terminals (they're wires, rather than "terminals") of the unit.

This is like a plug-in cellphone charger, expet thqt the power output is much higher, and the DC Output Voltage is higher (13.2 to 14.6 Volts, at various times with various settings) -- versus 5.0 volts for cellphones). Your cellphone only pulls a bit of power from the small charger - the cellphone itsself (and the USB power port in the charger) aren't really "mixed int

Unless a fuse is blown, the 12-VDC system will have a single high voltage level when big appliances are not pulling it down. This can be measured anywhere - such as a 12V cigarette-lighter outlet. Some of those plug-ins, while showing "12V" voltage, also provide 5 Volt cellphone charging ports (USB.)USB charging ports.

The factory solar includes only one small panel, many people install "bigger" systems. The "Solar" solar area has lots of information and pictures of installs, and posts about ways people habve chosen parts to use. The smae goes for other relectrical areas, including Lithium batteries.