TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #1
tfcmarty

Default Install Piezo for both the Oven & Cooktop.

Thanks to Bill & Harry for the ground work they did, I simply expanded on their work and contacted Sandy at Metro RV in Dallas (972-554-4678). Ordered the same parts Harry did.
1 x 56096 Piezo Igniter
1 x 57205 Left rear burner
1 x 57203 Right rear burner
1 X 57201 Center burner
1 x 51344 Piezo knob
3 x 57264 Piezo control Wire to each burner

Then went to Lowes and picked up the Piezo Igniter with Side
1 x 83429 $14.94. Note: Get the one with the side burner option.
This came with a side burner igniter with a long enough heat resistant wire to reach the piezo knob.

Also pick up 3M Quick Connect Red: 22-16 gauge

The cook top is easily done just remember to remove the black plastic inserts and install them into the new burners.

You won't need to remove the oven, I was able to do the job with the oven in place, I just asked my daughter to reach down along the side were the temperature wire runs to grab the piezo wire as I fed it up to her.

You'll need some miscellaneous screws and a small nut and bolt plus some tie wraps, these I had around the house. I drilled a small hole in the pilot light flange to hold the igniter. Then bend the igniter wire so it comes close to the pilot feed tube. Cut the wire to length, if you drilled the bolt hole about 1/4 of an inch from the right side of the pilot light flange you will be able to use igniter bracket to position the wire where you need it.

Have fun, it only took me about 30 minutes to install both the cook tops and oven lighter.

12/10/06 UPDATE:

It turned out that I was lucky to get the spark gap equal to the gap on the burner so both sparked when the knob was turned. After using the stove for an extended trip scuba diving at John Pennekamp, I noticed that I wasn't getting a spark every time. To eliminate this problem I simply used the igniter from Lowes and drilled a hole next to the oven knob and separated the oven from the burner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	parts.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1598   Click image for larger version

Name:	PiezoParts.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	1599   Click image for larger version

Name:	OldPartsRemoved.jpg
Views:	501