TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
hinxster
Site Sponsor

Default Help! Damaged Trailer to Vehicle Power Cord!

Our German Shepherd chewed through the black power cable that leads from the trailer to the vehicle. Most of the wires within the black casing have been compromised about 2 feet from the connector that mates with the plug on our tow vehicle.

I don't think that splicing and repairing the wires within the cable would be wise. I'm worried that the only option is to replace the entire length of cable. Unfortunately, I can't tow the trailer to get it fixed because there's no power to the taillights or electric brakes.

Where does the other end of the cable terminate? Can a replacement be purchased and, if so, where from? Has anyone else experienced this or had to replace their cable? I am mechanically inclined, but is the replacement of this cable a fairly straight forward process?

I appreciate any help, guidance and/or suggestions from others in this forum. We have camping plans soon that I hope we don't have to cancel!
hinxster is offline   Reply With Quote