TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #10
Philip

Default I Finally Purchased a 2005 Toyota 4Runner

Hello Everyone,

First I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me. I would not have been able to make an intellegent decision without all your input since, as I noted before, I have NO towing experience.

Yes, it is true that there a zillion views on towing, but that is because nothing is black and white. As always, everything is a compromise - something I learned a long time ago. No matter, the more comments you get the more you are able to get a feel as to what you will more likely really need for your particular application and comfort level.

So with all your help, I have purchased a 2005 Toyota 4Runner, V8, Factory tow package, with 43,000 miles on it. I figure it may be a bit of overkill, but will give me the comfort level I need in the Rockies(where most towing will take place). As I said before, I hated to sacrifice the MPG when not towing since I will only have one car, but also realize that I probably will NOT sacrifice too much in MPG while towing - compared to the V6.

Once again, thanks to everyone for all the help and happy travels to all.

I will be on this site from time to time for more education!!

Take care,

Phil
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote