TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2002, 03:52 AM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: Replacement Refrigerator

Sounds like a great solution, Bill.

Regardless of whether you use the existing battery or a new (spare/aux) battery, and regardless of where you mount it, my only real concern was trying to run too many amps through wires that are too small. As long as you run new wires that are larger than the existing ones, my particular kvetch is answered.

Let us know how it works out. Like many people, I'm sure, I would like to know just how many amps your inverter pulls when the dorm-style refrig is running.

Just as a semi-off-topic note, we dropped down to WalMart a while back and bought a Coleman 40-quart (about 1.3 cu ft) Thermoelectric cooler. It is great! It is lightweight, gets real cold, needs no ice, works either in the car or the TM, almost doubles the available refrig space in the TM (which is advertised at 2.3 cu ft, but ...), and doesn't draw too much current. (I could probably measure it if anybody cares.) The best part? It was $79, INCLUDING the AC adaptor. Last time I checked, these were several hundred dollars, and the RV places (Camping World, etc) are maintaining that tradition. 'Ray Wal Mart!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote