TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
MikeBiondo

Default Introduction & Couple Questions

Hello all...

Mike Biondo here, writing from the Missouri Ozarks. My wife and I are soon to be the proud owners of our first TrailManor - a 2001 TM2619. We are pretty excited...

In anticipation of taking delivery next week I have been busy getting a brake controller (Tekonsha P3) and the Bargman connection installed on the TV. The P3 documentation instructs that the P3 ground connection be physically connected to the battery negative terminal rather than grounded to the TV body under the dash. Is it really necessary to run the ground all the way back to the battery if you can insure a good ground under the dash?

Does the TM have backup lights? (sorry for the silly question, but the last time I looked at the TM I forget to look) The reason I ask is that I've been reading here about folks running heavier 12V wiring from the TV, back to the Bargman connector and/or back to another connector at the rear of the TV. I got thinking that if there is no backup lights on the TM I could run another fused 12V line back to the center pin on the Bargman, and then into the TM. Would that help matters any, or just a waste of time?

I figured if I ever did hook up to a trailer that had backup lights (unlikely) I could just pull the fuse on the TV so the backup lights wouldn't be on all the time.

Lastly, I seen mention that in 2002 TrailManor started installing a 3 stage charger, reducing the problem of over charging the TM battery. Since ours is a 2001 without this feature, would keeping the TM plugged in while at home potentially cause an overcharging situation?

BTW, can someone point me to a wiring diagram. I thought sure I came across one here, but I can't find hide-nor-hair of now.

Thanks in advance and good to be here. I've been slowly going through past posts, and am learning a lot (which is good) and already dreaming about all the great mods I could do once we get the TM home (maybe not so good...if you ask my wife )