TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
HappyWDWCampers

Default Bargman connector, are blue and black flipped?

Hi all,

Well, it's that time of year in the Midwest when we can finally think about rescuing our trailers from their impound lots (in my case, the local fairgrounds) -- in preparation for this, I went out to my TV and did a double check on the Bargman connector, fuses, etc.

All in all, I'm glad I did, given I found two blown fuses -- but that's not why I'm writing this. I found one thing that really confused me -- if the Bargman connector on my TV looks like this:

key (notch)

white (Ground) blue (Brakes)

yellow (left turn) green (right turn)

brown (tail lights) black (12V)

with Aux in the middle

If the connector on the TV looks like that (and it seems to match up when I test the turn signals and tail lights), why is that blue is always hot, regardless of whether the brakes are active or the TV's on, and black varies according to me either depressing the TV's brake pedal or swinging the brake controller lever???

i.e. in reality, does the TM not match the common Bargman diagram (as shown above) and accordingly blue and black are switched, or is something screwed up with my wiring?

Thanks in advance for bearing with me!
John