TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2024, 12:55 PM   #1
JHypers

Default Roof sag/seam leak, repair options

Greetings!

I am new to the forum and a (relatively) new TrailManor owner. About 3 years ago we bought a used 2001 TM 2619, but admittedly have not towed it much at all. It's basically been sitting in our back lot and acted as a temporary summer staging area. I'm located in Southcentral Alaska, so needless to say this TrailManor has been subjected to extreme cold (-30F) and significant snow loads each winter, but has always been tarped over. Despite virtually zero road wear, I think the weight of the snow has steadily taken its toll on the roof, as I am noticing significant sag on the roof of the rear shell. Coupled with that is a known leak somewhere along the middle seam. Initial caulking repair on obvious exposure points near the back corner (above the center tail lights) has not fixed the leak, which seems to be coming in through the center and running down to drip out on the back window. I am planning a full interior renovation project for this camper as motivation to get more use out of it, but I know that fixing this roof leak is Priority 1. Are there any proven ways to fix roof sag without getting a professional overhaul, or is it something you just have to live with? I will be getting much more aggressive with my seal repair. What sealant/adhesive is currently recommended for redoing the seal on the center seam? I am well-versed in forums, so if there is a thread which covers this exact topic in detail, please feel free to simply point me in that direction.

Thank you in advance for any advice or input!
JHypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 06:40 PM   #2
MBushaw
Site Sponsor

Please see this thread. Others have been there!
https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=21834

2008 3023 TM. 2013 F150 3.7 TV
MBushaw is offline   Reply With Quote