TV Chevy Avalanche V8
jleinbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #12
momto4girls

Wow!
Old 04-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #13
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Only problem with the Facebook page....

I think it has taken posters away from this site. Plus even though I am a member of Facebook group, I hate Facebook. Hard to find previous posts, unless there is a way to search the posts that I am not aware of. Also hate all the ads on Facebook.

I think fewer people post pics on forum now and I miss that. There are some really cool transformations shown on Facebook page.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #14
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

I tried joining Facebook just for the Trailmanor page, but then I started getting all these friend requests from my friends, but I don't like communicating that way. Within 2 days I shut down my Facebook account.

Forum, don't worry, I'll be here always. I really don't like the invasiveness of Facebook. You may say all you have to do is change certain privacy settings, but within two days I probably ticked off a couple of my friends when I told them I don't want to communicate that way. It would have been better if I'd never had Facebook on.

Kinda sux, because I'd like to know what's going on at the factory. I'll lurk in this thread to follow I guess.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:32 AM   #15
Shane826
TrailManor Master

I enjoy this forum and Facebook. But I try not to share paid content here on the free Facebook page. I think that’s kinda key. I will tell people there’s a neat solution on the forum.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:58 AM   #16
Jampcourt

One of the primary reasons that we joined this forum was because it was not on Facebook at the time, but then, I am old and am a total Luddite at times! I agree that it appears that people are beginning to use Facebook in lieu of the forum, and if it is anything like the things I can accidentally do with my smart phone, it is probably easier to use. (Too easy at times.....)
I hope that those with something important or clever to share will still remember to pass the info on to the forum members, as Facebook is obviously not for everyone.
I'd hate to see the quality and wealth of information contained on this forum slip due to ease of sending that photo right to Facebook. Bill, Chris, many many others have worked too hard to build this excellent product.
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:01 AM   #17
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
I enjoy this forum and Facebook. But I try not to share paid content here on the free Facebook page. I think that’s kinda key. I will tell people there’s a neat solution on the forum.
Good idea, Shane, especially because I think Chris copyrights everything that appears on the forum.

I'm sure that no one here would want to interfere with Intellectual Property rights.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #18
campernurse2012
Site Sponsor

I am a member of the forum and also on FB and I always use the forum every night ! I look at it being the best of both worlds for a wealth of information. But I do love the forum more , can always research what I need and it is a wealth of information ! The forum is protected, FB is not. The great work done by Bill and Chris does not go unnoticed! Thanks guys!
Texas
campernurse2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:03 PM   #19
bheisser

The facebook forum is great fot sharing photos and trip updates,,it also is great for immediatte responses to urgent questions
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #20
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

I 'sort of' like the FB option, because I do enjoy seeing people's camping/trip photos. But I don't enjoy the questions on the FB forum - questions that require extreme indepth answers, with lots of photos, etc. Jolene has a pinned post on the FB page, suggesting they join this forum for indept questions. A gentle reminder to new members on the FB page is probably a good idea - I gave one yestereday.... LOL

Mind you, I don't mind the quick, easy questions - but, for instance, if someone asking how to replace a toilet, that's a bit much for FB - especially when most of us use FB on our phones or tablet, and are not necessarily on a computer.

I use the Forum pages when on a computer. I don't mind answering long, indepth questions when I have a keyboard in front of me. I do tend to disappear off the forum pages from ohhh... November to March, because I am usually dealing with a crap load of snow and don't spend much time on a computer when at home - if I'm not moving snow, I'd rather be curled up in the recliner. LOL

Anyway, to me, the Forum and Facebook serve different purposes. As for people "leaving" the forum, many may think it is easier to ask questions there, but they will quickly learn they won't get indepth answers there. As I said earlier, a gentle reminder to new FB members every now & then should help keep that in check. Then again, if the FB page goes the way of every group page I've ever belonged to - the same questions are asked over and over and over and over - because no one reads pinned posts, looks in the Files section on a FB group page, nor to they realize there is a search function they could use.... sigh.... I'll always stay here on the Forum, because most likely there will come a day when I leave the FB group because I run out of patience with idiots. Here, there don't seem to be any idiots. :-D