TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #31
mmayville

Unfortunately because of the weather I have not been able to bring my TM home from storage and get it ready for the camping season. I will use Lar's instructions to adjust the spring arms. I am going to replace the jack stands with the 24" jacks with the 3/4 inch bolt on the head so I can use my impact to adjust the jacks. I am getting into the golden years where bending over and cranking a handle just doesn't work for me anymore. :-) Also getting ready to replace the curtains so am looking for a compatible track that the curtains slide into so we can put new ones in. Magnets seems to jump out at me for putting new curtains in but I think the wife has other thoughts about putting in new tracks for the curtains if we can find a suitable replacement for them.

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #32
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Unhappy tired from all the cranking?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayville View Post
Unfortunately because of the weather I have not been able to bring my TM home from storage and get it ready for the camping season. I will use Lar's instructions to adjust the spring arms. I am going to replace the jack stands with the 24" jacks with the 3/4 inch bolt on the head so I can use my impact to adjust the jacks. I am getting into the golden years where bending over and cranking a handle just doesn't work for me anymore. :-) Also getting ready to replace the curtains so am looking for a compatible track that the curtains slide into so we can put new ones in. Magnets seems to jump out at me for putting new curtains in but I think the wife has other thoughts about putting in new tracks for the curtains if we can find a suitable replacement for them.
what you need to do (or have done) is to install the Ultra-Fab Power Twin II stabilizer jacks (the 22" variety). Check mine out at ........
http://www.trickmytrailmano.com .....page 14 on the menu under "Stabilizer Jacks". Effortlessly! In a matter of a few minutes I can level my TM in all directions from two places. No more huffing and puffing and running around my TM to level it out, and no more shimmy shake and wobble in ANY direction from anyone moving in any direction on the inside. We're ROCK SOLID now!! If you are planning on keeping your scissor jacks, you should remount them like Bruce Perens did and offset them at an angle to each other so they will not be parallel to one another. This will cut down on the shimmy shake. (see his web page http://perens.com/rv/2016/01/ "Replacing Stabilizers January 2, 2016)
Then of course there is the cordless electric drill with the jack attachment (your impact wrench)...this is what I use to use before I got my Ultra-Fabs and although it didn't stop the running around the trailer a dozen times to finally get it level in all directions, it did stop all the cranking with the huffing and puffing! You will have to carry a charger for it though because those cordless drills are only good for a couple of openings and closings.....
As for the curtains...I can't help you there. Our curtains are a very faded blue, and are the original ones, but they still work good and keep our TM private...so if it ain't broke...don't fix it...form over fashion I say!
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:02 AM   #33
mmayville

Lot of good stuff!! Next weekend is suppose to be in the zone temp wise so I can bring my TM home for a little TLC. We are heading to Florida in about 4 weeks to check out some retirement places. At the end of the week I am out of school until the end of August on summer break! Yahooo!

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #34
FujiPedaler

Talking Leveling the TM

Something that has made leveling the TM a breeze has been the purchase and use of the "Anderson Trailer Leveler" which I bought from Amazon.com. I also installed a "Large Level" on the bottom edge of the top front shell so I can easily see it in my rear view mirror. Upon pulling into the camping site , I can see which side of the Camper needs to be lifted and my wife puts the "Leveler" in front of that side wheel and I slowly pull forward until the bubble reaches center and "Vaulla" (how ever it is spelled) and we are level from side to side.

Put in the Wheel chucks and now with the small level placed on the frame and use of the electric front jack to get it level front to rear. Drop the stabilizers and we are done with it. No more running around the TM to adjust the 4 stabilizers and really fast and easy. Best money ever spent (well maybe not the best but well worth it).

Enjoy, Norman.
WDH, Rear receiver for bikes,
Hual-a-vator for Kayaks
Norman & Elizabeth
FujiPedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #35
klpauba

This is exactly the method I use ... good, fast and cheap (those three together almost never happen!).
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #36
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

I might have to sell my Bal Leveler , however the Bal does a great job on the 2720TM

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #37
ArkyDoodle

FUJI --- What model level did you use and how did you fasten it to the front shell? Screws? Tape? just curious

TM - 2014 2417KS SilverTrail --- SOLD
Purple Line Enduro Caravan Movers
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:40 PM   #38
FujiPedaler

Default Anderson Leveler

To attach to the shell, I used caulking and screws. For the model, you can see a picture of it if you go the "For Sale" section of the forum and look under the Central region. Under "2007 3326 King" you will find my photos and you should see it. I really don't remember because it was a gift, but most RV places seem to carry it and I think it is less than $10.00.
Hual-a-vator for Kayaks
Norman & Elizabeth
Old 06-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #39
ArkyDoodle

I don't think you have a photo of the hitch end posted in your pics.....

TM - 2014 2417KS SilverTrail --- SOLD
Purple Line Enduro Caravan Movers
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:36 PM   #40
FujiPedaler

Default photo of Level

U R Right, sorry about that! Any RV parts Dept has several sizes available, just pick one you like.
Hual-a-vator for Kayaks
Norman & Elizabeth