TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #11
PopBeavers

I have not replaced the plastic glides, but I have added additional washers as spacers to level the rear bed a little better than it came from the factory. It was not sealing well around the edges where the bunk touches the upper shell.

It appeared to me, that once you remove the bolt and spacers on the swing arm, that the entire bunk platform could be lifted out. Replace the plastic glides whil the bunk is upside down in your driveway. Then put it back together.

I have not done this. It is only a theory.

It likely would require two people to lift the bunk platform and carry it out.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I've worked on both of the beds and messed around with the swing-away arms. When we first bought the TM they kept popping out of the tracks when we opened or closed the beds (they were too tight, and I added some lubricant too). Once you get them out of the track, you can pretty much just move the arms to another position under the bed and they will still hold up the bed. You may want to put a towel or something protective over the top of them so they don't scratch the finish. I've done it by myself a couple of times, but it would be easier if you had someone else to help you. I seem to recall that you can pop one out and leave the other one in the track.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #13
JOEALAN

Default Bed slides worned down.

Thanks Popbeavers and B & D.

My son and I completed this project this weekend. Easly project. Use garden rake handle to prop up bed enough to remove nylon strip. Remove and install one at a time. Used old piece as a templet. Need to drill five new screw holes and cut end pieces to size. Fit very well.

Tools needed. Drill motor, one 1/8" drill bit, hack saw and screw driver and of course garden rake handle. It took us about 45 minuates to replace four nylon strips. No more problems opening or closing.

Have a great day,

Joe S.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #14
cjm368

I'm about to do the same repair myself, however have decided to use UHMW plastic sheet. It is a very low friction sheet that you can cut like wood.

I've ordered a 1/4 x 4" x 48" for 8.99 which I will cut into the strips needed to replace the existing worn ones. It should make the slide work even better !

Here is a link to the site with the material if anyone else is interested.
http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10871

Just one more job soon to be done on my road to re-doing a 2001 3124King
Old 05-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #15
William

I hope you are still on the forum. If you have the plans and drawings you made to change the bed slides I would really appreciate a copy. I have been reluctant to take on this repair because I am not sure what the design is supposed to look like when it is right.

Thanks
Bill
[email protected]
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
JOEALAN

Default Swing arms under bedding or bed slides?

Bill,

Our you asking about the swing away arms or the small angle piece that the beds slide in or out?

If it is the swing arms underneath the bed you can order them direct from TM factory. You will received them cut to the side width and thinkness as presently installed on you TM. You'll need to cut the ends to fit. Use you old piece as a templet. Hacksaw will cut the material with no problem. I order enought (8 pcs) to complete both ends. I no longer have any problems opening and closing.

Now if you are talking about the plastic angle pc. that the bed rides on when opening and closing, I haven't tackle that job yet. I have the material which I ordered from TM. Had it shipped by ground, Fed Ex came out to be $22.00. Bought enough (4 pcs. real cheap, less than $6.00 for all 4 pcs.) enough to due both sides. Haven't
tackle that project yet. Going to retire in June, have plenty of time to fool away with it then. I have no pictures, but when I do start the change out of angle pcs. I will keep track step by step and take pictures.

Have a great day!

Joe S.