TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2003, 10:06 AM   #11
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re:Do you people look twice at your TM??

When we were staying in the Badlands, for a couple of days last month, we ran into reverse curiosity. ???

When we setup the TM, next to a megalarge rig with numerous slideouts, the owners were inently watching from inside their luxurious digs. Every time we glanced in their direction, they would look away instantly, thinking (I'm sure) that we wouldn't notice.

Everytime, during the next two days, when there was an opportunity to engage in casual conversation, each would turn and find something important to do. And so it went. They obviously wanted to be left alone.

They left fairly early the 2nd day. Due to tight quarters the woman asked if I could help spot for them while her husband was maneuvering. Then she casually asked "how do you like your TrailManor?". Gave the usual response, to which she said "We loved ours, but at our age (I'm guessing: 70's), we decided it was too much for us to handle. We KIND of MISS those days" (Loosley paraphrased, of course).

How strange. They were curious, but downright stand-offish. Then in the end she turned out to be outgoing and chatty once she got on the nostagia trip! Two minutes later -gone!

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:23 AM   #12
arknoah

Default Re:Do you people look twice at your TM??

A bit off the subject, Denny, but aren't the Badlands impressive? We stayed in Rapid City for four days in July and went to the Badlands the same day we visited Pine Ridge Reservation where Ellen had traveled in May with our college's Service Leaders. We started to hike up one of the trails, (it would only be about 1/2) but we had the wrong kind of footgear on, and I knew it wouldn't be dafe. Our kids just loved it.