TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
brulaz

A fully charged battery alone will run the electric jack, but it definitely uses a lot of current. So just to be on the safe side, I make sure the trailer is either plugged into 110V or into the truck (engine running), before using it.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #12
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default You guys are awesome!

Thanks for all the advice and answers. I am expecting trailer to be delivered in about an hour!

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
ChillEDog

Congratulations. Very excited for you.

Shouldn't you change your signature now ? Because you are no longer
>> Researching & dreaming of a TrailManor
ChillEDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillEDog View Post
Congratulations. Very excited for you.

Shouldn't you change your signature now ? Because you are no longer
>> Researching & dreaming of a TrailManor

Yes I should.

Trailer delivered today 2pm, haven't even had time to open it up. Major garage cleaning out / rearranging today to make room for it. Plus some other family drama happened. Tomorrow pm I should get it popped up, hope to find jack handle and get that all set.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)

Both purchased July 2013

New bag seals Sept 2020
Old 07-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

If you don't find the jack handle, check under the mattress. Lots of bulky-but-flat things get stored under there.

I'm wondering why the delivery truck driver knows whether your electric jack works?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If you don't find the jack handle, check under the mattress. Lots of bulky-but-flat things get stored under there.

I'm wondering why the delivery truck driver knows whether your electric jack works?

Bill

So I finally opened up the camper, there was an owners manual, no keys of any kind, no sewer hoses (that I could find anyway), all I found in the bumper storage was the stabilizer jack handle (this is not what is used for the electric tongue jack is it???), and the Fiammaa awning crank wand.

I looked under the bed and found the middle support bar for the awning. Checked all drawers, oven, storage compartments, kitchne and bathroom cabinets etc, and nothing else.

So anyway, then i was going to plug into my 110 power, but found there was no adapter to take it from the 30amp plug to the 110, so i picked up a pigtail at harbor freight. havent plugged that in yet, but will after done posting. I tried plugging into the car and with engine running tried the electric jack. Still didn't work......

So, I am thinking maybe its a blown fuse. I need to re-read the prior posts since I don't remember where that fuse is located. I think someone mentioned where it was. At first glance I didn't see it by the jack. I haven't checked the fuse box inside yet.

Bill as to your question about how the tow guy knows the jack didn't work.....he had to stop for the night and unhitched and when he tried the electric jack it didn't work. He told me that the day before delivery. Said it did work when he picked it up.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)

Both purchased July 2013

New bag seals Sept 2020
Old 07-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Default Pictures of jack handle

I am enjoying your adventure of discovery. Thanks for sharing.

Attached are two pictures of the power jack handle that came with my 2010 3326 so you can see what it looks like(the tile square in the first picture is 12" x 12"). I never carry it in the TM (always in the TV) so I do not have to open the TM if I need to use it.

There are two switches on my jack head(white plastic with black switches on the front). One says "extend/retract". The other is a light switch. If your jack has power(good fuse), the light will come on even if the motor is bad or jammed. Sometimes the motor can be retracted so hard that it will not extend. When that happens, the light on the head will dim when you push the "extend button".

To find the fuse, follow the black wire that exits the white jack head down into the hitch framework and look for a fuse holder somewhere along the street side frame member before it goes under the TM floor. It may be bundled with the main 7 pin cable and be some where near the brake safety switch (this switch has a light weight cable that clips to the TV when towing. If it gets pulled, it will put the TM brakes on continually and drain your battery).

Hope this helps.

Jerry

P.S. This is probably available all over the place as Atwood P/N 87891, I found it on line at Sears, Amazon, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric Jack Crank 1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	8735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric Jack Crank 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	8736  
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekenSpider View Post
I am enjoying your adventure of discovery. Thanks for sharing.

Attached are two pictures of the power jack handle that came with my 2010 3326 so you can see what it looks like.

There are two switches on my jack head(white plastic with black switches on the front). One says "extend/retract". The other is a light switch.
Jerry
Jerry, glad your enjoying it. I'd have say I'd enjoy it more if it wasn't so adventurous.

Thanks for the picture. Will order from amazon today. Don't really care if its electric or not, so I might just plan to do manually. Did hook up to house power and still didn't work, nor did the light on the jack.

It's too hot and humid now to go follow the wires to find the fuse. will do if it cools down this week. i am exhausted from a very long 8 days, very hot, very humid days....

Friday night June 29 see camper ad.

Saturday June 30 call dealer, do tons of research, talk it over with 3 family members at different times, go test drive a new tow vehicle, research shipping options, call dealer back, make deal, head to church praying that it all works out.

Sunday, pop up old camper, put up on Craigslist, research shipping. Try to figure out financing. Start cleaning out garage.

Monday secure financing, secure shipping bids. Sell my van to my sister. The same van I just bought used in Sept and had hitch put on for this summers camping trip, which I never even used to tow my camper.

Tuesday, hiccup with financing. Panic for a minute. Send payment to dealer. Find out trailer will be delivered on July 5, then July 4, then July 5 again... Oh yeah, go to car dealer to test drive and buy new (used) tow vehicle, to be picked up Saturday.

Wednesday couple looks at old trailer, buys it, and asks me to tow it to their house 56 mile round trip. Sad to see it go, but nice couple. Plus extra. $50 paid for gas

Thursday July 4 go into work to make up for all the time I spent on non work stuff the past 3 days. Then come home to work on cleaning out garage.

Friday July 5, find out trailer will be delivered on Saturday instead. So more time working in garage.

Saturday, pick up car, drive old car to city dump to dump stuffed cleaned out of garage this week to make room for new TM , then trailer is delivered, my sister comes to do major re-organization of garage, getting rid of 15 years of junk..... Then another sister calls in the middle of our project saying her car broke down while towing her popup back from vacation, help....

Finally today finished up the garage re-do, mostly anyway. 1 trip each day this week to donate stuff..... Then just found out today that the ball mount isn't the same size as the new tow vehicle so that is one more thing I need to get before I go on vacation.

So it's been a really long week. Exciting, scary, fun, crazy, exhausting. But I have my trailmanor, and its everything I wanted. So I am happy, but need to relax and get some sleep tonight....

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP!

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)

Both purchased July 2013

New bag seals Sept 2020
Old 07-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
Brutus

Congrats Sara! It'll all work out. I've found that if you keep good tires under her and fresh grease in the hubs, the rest can be dealt with in time. And you got your pop-up sold quickly to boot.
r/
Pat

P.S. I don't even use an electric jack.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #20
MTMacPhee

Default Sleep in the TM

did you and Bailey?

Tags
electric tongue jack