TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #11
Irene Westberg

Default TM storage

I am a first time poster. Your storage ideas struck a cord with me. We've had our 3023 TM for 3 years now, and needed more storage. We purchased 3 Sterilite drawers from Wal-Mart and they stack very well between the closet and the counter by the stove. I keep cooking utensils, knives, etc in the bottom one (easy to reach), Plates, cups, etc in the middle one, and boxed foods, bread, chips, etc in the tops. When we dismantle, they are put in the middle aisle between the couches along with the cupboard over the sink. Our blankets, and pillows provide protection while enroute.
The storage area under the bed holds extra paper towels, napkins,kleenex, paper plates, plastic drinkware, refrigerator storage dishes, 2 qt water pitchers, a desk organizer for pens/pencils, etc for table games. Since we haven't used the shower for showers, we use the tub for a pantry. We have a 2 shelf shoe rack that holds the toaster, slow cooker, coffee maker, iron, a basket for my hair care things, and shoe storage under the shoe rack. Hanging on the aisle side of the bathroom wall on the inside is a storage rack that holds canned goods, cereal, and other misc foods. On the wall that divides the back bedroom from tub hangs a towel rack. The storage place above the front bedroom contains our games. The area under the microwave is just perfect for a 4" tall box for foil, waxed paper, Glad Bags, etc. Our waste basket fits under the sink perfectly. This is kind of lengthy, but maybe it will be a help to a new comer to the TM family. We lived in our TM for 2 months the winter of 2005 in Texas and didn't feel crowded in the least. In fact, we had more storage and room than some of the MH in the area. Of course, when we are just camping or just traveling, we do not take along a lot of this stuff, but when we're gone for several weeks and staying in one place we need most of it.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Pix, please.

"We have a 2 shelf shoe rack that holds the toaster, slow cooker, coffee maker, iron, a basket for my hair care things, and shoe storage under the shoe rack."

Hmm, I've been trying to picture this in my mind, and just can't. Do you have any pictures or a name brand or where you bought it or something. Shoes are always a problem for us. My husband's size 15's seem to be in the way more than most. I would like to see a shoe rack that would hold our toaster and his shoes. It just might be a storage solution for us as well.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
Irene Westberg

Default TM Storage to Pix Please

Since I don't have any idea how to put pictures on the Computer, I will try to explain to you what I have. My husband says they are more like stacking shelves (2) with removable legs. (The people that gave them to me used them for shoe racks, so that is what I thought they were. I think they got them from Target a few years ago.) The shelves are almost the length of the tub. I have 2 1" x 4" blocks of wood on either side of the tub drain with 2 of the shelf legs on it. On the other end of the tub I removed the legs of the shelf and the shelf lays on the seat of the tub. Then the second shelf is stacked on top of the first shelf using all four legs. The legs fit into indentations of the shelf corners. There is room for storage, under the shelves in the tub itself for shoes, laundry soap or whatever. The shelves are not the width of the tub so it is somewhat easy to store under the shelves and in the tub proper. I store the small appliances in their original boxes, so they don't get banged around and they store neater, although they probably take up more room. I would think you could make a L shaped wooden frame to use in this fashion. I wouldn't use anything too heavy as maybe it would crack the tub bottom. (I don't know for certain about this, but I guess if it would hold a 150-200 lb person it would hold a wooden frame) I hope this makes it a little clearer. If not, I'll try again. Sometimes we put our shoes in the closet and there is usually plenty of room in there for them. Someone mentioned using Sterilite containers under the bed storage area for under clothes. I put my socks, pj's, T-shirts, etc in the bottom 2 drawers under the closet. using the top drawer for dishtowels, hand towels, etc. In the right hand drawers under the couch my husband puts his clothes, and in the left hand drawers under the couch are the table clothes, and bathtowels/wash cloths. My daughter, a back packer for tent camping taught me to roll the T-shirts, Polo shirts, shorts. They take less room in the drawers, and when unrolled just shake them out and the wrinkles disappear. I can get more clothes in the drawers this way. I'm sorry about not knowing how to put pictures on the computer, but hope this helps, if not, let me know.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:28 PM   #14
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Thanks, Irene.

Yes, that helps a lot. NOW I can imagine what it looks like.
Your storage ideas will help me as I still can't quite get a grip on some of these giant empty spaces. I know that when we go camping much of our potential usable space is left unused because I can't figure out what to put where.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #15
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Found a great place to store our shoes

Our local KMart was having a remodeling sale, and I found this hanging storage unit on sale. It fits 4 very large pairs of shoes (the kids wear big sizes of Vans) plus innumerable flip flops. I mounted it on a metal strip that I found at OSH that hangs very easily on the front door (it comes on and off) and so far hasn't come off unintentionally through two camping trips. The name brand is Case Unit, here's what I bought:

http://www.caselogic.com/medium_2_po...?modelid=56413

This helps alot and doesn't get in the way.

Also previously posted this over-the-sink shelf unit & tv stand:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=3617. I've since found some baskets that fit nicely on the shelves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shoestorage.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1349  
Old 07-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #16
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Inspired.

Ooh, that's a great idea. We love Caselogic, and have some of their units in our garage. I had never even thought about this. Thanks for the link and great pic.