TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #21
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up I like my

hard rubber mallet...I use it all the time...like on the center latches to break them loose....and on the trailer hitch receiver and a bunch of other things that need to be beaten on but not destroyed...works good-o
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #22
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Tom -

That is a good suggestion. Years ago, I beat the coupler to death by using a metal whanger on it. Needed a welder to fix it (sadly, I don't weld). And then I beat my hand to death trying to open a sticky latch. A rubber mallet would have saved both.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #23
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up cheaper than bandaids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Tom -

That is a good suggestion. Years ago, I beat the coupler to death by using a metal whanger on it. Needed a welder to fix it (sadly, I don't weld). And then I beat my hand to death trying to open a sticky latch. A rubber mallet would have saved both.

Bill
that is, at Horrible Fraught Tools...actually, I got the idea from a blog called "The Long Long Honeymoon" on youtube. It's this guy who has a video production company in Alabama who asked this woman to marry him and they bought an Airstream and took off on a honeymoon for several months across the USA. Well anyways, one of the blogs was about what they take with them in there truck in the way of tools and such to assist them and the rubber hammer was one and so I thought that was a good idea too. And now so will you. You can thank the long long honeymoon guy for that one! Give them a watch, it's pretty good. They cover a lot of subjects pertaining to RVing.
Tom
ps....have you folks gotten to lobsterland yet?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #24
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
....have you folks gotten to lobsterland yet?
Oh, yes! Lobsters duly purchased, steamed, cracked, dipped in melted butter, and consumed!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #25
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Fathers Day brought a new tool to my garage, Daughter wanted her garage painted and I told her to get a roller and some brushes and paint trays.
She ended up getting me a Wagner Flexio spray painter. So I guess I will spray her garage and my garage. It looks like a decent tool to have
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flexio 590 painter 001.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	816.8 KB
ID:	13607   Click image for larger version

Name:	flexio 590 painter 002.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	13608  

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #26
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up another tool I use is....

An oil filter wrench. Not the traditional kind that looks like a hoop but more like a big pair of channel lock pliers. For good reason because it's made by Channelock. Although, I have seen similar ones at red communist Chinese Horrible Fraught Tools. These are made to grip a round oil filter, but I use them to connect and disconnect my sewer hose fittings. Works like a dream. If you would like to see what they look like, go to my website: http://www.trickmytrailmano.com/self...ewer-hose-rack and check out image 1592. No more struggling with trying to get those fittings to snug up or loosen. Give em a whirl.
I once bought this yellow plastic spanner wrench that was advertised as "the tool for sewer hose fittings" and it worked about two times before it broke in half. Then one day while at American Bolt Company (my favorite place in Austin Texas to get hard to find screws and bolts) I saw the oil filter wrench hanging on a display behind the counter and bought them immediately. Took them home and tried them out on my sewer hose and they worked flawlessly. This is the best tool I have seen to work on your sewer hose fittings........period!
Tom
Old 06-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #27
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Smart Daughter you have there Craigrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
Fathers Day brought a new tool to my garage, Daughter wanted her garage painted and I told her to get a roller and some brushes and paint trays.
She ended up getting me a Wagner Flexio spray painter. So I guess I will spray her garage and my garage. It looks like a decent tool to have
I guess she's got you pegged! One can NEVER have enough tools!
Tom
Old 06-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #28
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

I know right! The funny thing is Tom, she knows we are going to be downsizing for retirement and I am getting tired of house upkeep and pool upkeep etc... Condo dwellers soon to be, let someone else mow and clean the pool etc.. I got too many tools now I need to have a tool sale. I even asked if her almost husband wants some tools, she told me he never opened up the 30 gallon air compressor I bought him 2 years ago. LOL So that was a firm no they hire people to do the repairs. Yuppies these days

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
Old 06-20-2016, 05:17 PM   #29
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
Now I have never done this before, that is the absolute truth. No one has gifted me with anything of that value that I couldn't use.

But I have heard stories of others that bought the sprayers from Wally World and used it, then cleaned it up real good, put back in the box, and took it back to Wally claiming it "did not work properly" with no questions asked.

Just saying, if you really don't need it long term.

oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #30
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Ya never know. Lol

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE