TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2003, 03:23 AM   #21
Steverino

Default Re: Towing Mirror Question

Not to look at the glass half empty, but is the McKesh mirror vulnerable to theft, or does it attach in such a way to prevent removal unless the door is unlocked?

Given the cost, just wondering...

It DOES look like a great mirror.  
Old 06-26-2003, 04:22 AM   #22
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

No! They are not vulnerable to theft. But they could be stolen and so could your whole rig including your TM.

Who's going to steal it? and for what reason? If people have the money to buy a rig they will spend what they need for accessories. We have been camping for thirty years and leave our camping gear, tents and all out while we go on hikes all day, without a problem. There are some thefts in campgrounds, but not common in establish parks that we have used. I suppose it may have to do with where you are camping and how careless you are about leaving valuables out in plain sight.

In general, camping people are nice people and are out to enjoy the outdoors not to see what they can steal.

Back to the McKesh mirrors. They can be put on and taken off in seconds, without much adjustment. If you think you are in a high risk area at a stop while on the road, take them off and put them out of sight.
BobWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:30 AM   #23
Windbreaker

They can be removed quickly and put back on just as quickly. I remove mine every time I park, not because I worry about theft but because they stick out so far that if you don't remove them and park next to someone, someone might bang into them and get hurt or damage the mirrows or truck.

There is a little lever you push and they snap right off, no problem, maybe an extra 5 sec. to pop them in the back seat.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:42 AM   #24
2619PDX

Yeah, IF someone were going to steal your mirrors, they could by cutting the strap...

But then they have rendered them useless anyway.

They attach to your window channel AND the bottom of your door.

Heck, mine are still on as I haven't had the chance to remove them since getting home late Sunday.

Gregg