TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #21
Jeremie

So glad it worked out!! Happy camping!
Jeremie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #22
KSBASS

Wink Fuse blown on Thetford

As luck would have it the internal 5A fuse blew on the Thetford toilet... as I was just now recharging the toilet here at home after a wonderful week spent at Bennett Springs with my wife, daughter and dog!!
Thanks to this post I was able to quickly determine that I had an open 5A fuse in the back compartment. I scrounged up a replacement 5A fuse from a fishfinder cable and got it running again. It works now, but sure doesn't sound great. The motor looks brand new and runs super smooth by itself, but when coupled to the pump, it varies speed and seems to have something amiss with the pump. It's plugged in to the house 120V and has plenty of juice. No light dimming or speed change with fantastic fan when I run the pump.
So, I'm thinking I got rather lucky (again - A/C run cap died in driveway years ago after camp out) and should make plans for a pump refurb and seals while I'm at it. Does that sound about right? Are there seals in the pump that I can replace? Can I remove pump without removing the entire stool?

BTW - Long time away from TMOF! As the kids have grown up now and son is away at college, finding time to camp the past few years has been difficult. I relish the trips we do take now!
Troy
Old 06-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #23
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs down If I were You Troy....

I'd ditch that Thetford and get the Dometic Sealand 711 M28C toilet from Scamp Trailers. I did and boy what a difference that made. If you haven't seen my website http://www.trickmytrailmano.com go take a look. On the menu go to "Toilet Swap" and you can see what I did and read how I did it.....otherwise, best of luck!

Yes you can remove the pump without taking the whole thing out...just don't loose the little white collar that goes from the motor to the pump.

Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #24
mmayville

Default Modifying TM Toilet

Getting ready to put an RV standard height Toilet in my TM. Only problem I need to solve is where to run the water feed line from. Holding tank problem solved everything else will fit. Just need to run the water line. Help!!

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:03 PM   #25
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

If and when I do that . I would "Tee " off the cold line at the bathroom sink faucet and run to a shut off valve then to the toilet

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:56 PM   #26
mmayville

That is what I was thinking. I have to do this because of my wife's mobility and needing to be able to sit on the toilet lid without it cracking. :-)

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:14 PM   #27
Wingedryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Wow, that's a mess! With rust like that, I have to believe that water got up into the pump motor itself, which should never happen. And most likely it means that water got into the bearings in the pump motor, which are now toast. My guess is that the motor is now trash, and you should take Jeremie up on his offer. You can clean off the rust, try to spin the motor by hand, lube the bearings, and see if it will spin when you hit the button. But I'm not optimistic.

By the way, the pic shows the white nylon cylinder I referred to in post #7 above. I suggest that you pull it off the shaft, clean it up, and save it. They are very hard to come by.

Bill
Believe me, Bill, it happens....even on the newer, hardly used recircs
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:15 AM   #28
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Lightbulb here is what I did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayville View Post
Getting ready to put an RV standard height Toilet in my TM. Only problem I need to solve is where to run the water feed line from. Holding tank problem solved everything else will fit. Just need to run the water line. Help!!
Hey mmayville...I ran a line from the cold water drain valve on the outside and up thru the floor to feed my flush toilet. You can see the photos on my website http://www.trickmytrailmano.com
Hope this helps. This way I didn't have to drill a hole in the cabinet and besides it's pretty darn close to work in there unless your cabinet's face unscrews like some I have seen. Mine did not come off so I chose to use the outside cold water drain valve. Some have used the plumbing off the outside shower, but I couldn't use that because it was already being used by my water hose reel / filter that feeds the whole trailer. That hose reel is a handy thing. You just have to have the room for it in the trunk.
Good Luck
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote