TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #21
Senorsedona

Unhappy Hmmmmmmm

I have been using regulators for number of years and have never encountered your problem. I have had them get all gunked up with calcium etc. and they wouldn't work, but not when they were new. You can renew the old ones by soaking them in vinegar. It helps, but it doesn't really cure the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Jack
Old 05-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #22
2bcs1jrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingarfi
Here is a recent experience I had with pressure reducers (or are they regulators). I bought 3 brass reducers -- 1 for my TM and 2 for my drip irrigation system. These are pre-set to 40/50 PSI. It appears that the model I bought block all flow if the INPUT pressure is less than the pre-set 40/50 PSI. My poor brain assumed these devices would have no effect on INPUT pressures below the pre-set. All three behave the same. Is this normal behavior or did I just get a bad bunch?
I bought a couple of brass water flow regulators at my local RV place for my drip line as well. They are only a month old. This morning I heard a hammering sound in my water pipes. I went outside and one of my irrigation set-ups had gone on and was sputtering water rather than flowing. I thought it was the timer or the faucet but it was the regulator. I took it off and everything works fine. Strange that this non TM question would come up on the day I experienced this problem. Now if someone only had an explanation, I'd really be impressed!
By the way, these regulators were a bit cheaper than the one I got for the TM. They were $6 or $7 rather that the $12 I paid for the TM one. Maybe it takes more than just being brass to make them sound.
Cheri
Old 05-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #23
hingarfi

2bcs1jrt:

Sounds like you and I may have the same pressure regulator. One of mine caused the buzzing noise too. Mine are: "Camco Manufacturing Inc. 40053 Water Pressure Regulator - Brass" from Amazon. Guess I will look for a higher priced unit.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #24
2bcs1jrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingarfi
2bcs1jrt:

Sounds like you and I may have the same pressure regulator. One of mine caused the buzzing noise too. Mine are: "Camco Manufacturing Inc. 40053 Water Pressure Regulator - Brass" from Amazon. Guess I will look for a higher priced unit.
The ones I bought for my drip system were in a jar at the check out. That in itself might be a bad sign but 2 of them still work and the one that failed worked for a few weeks. I don't have them with me to know who makes them.
Tiz a mystery. ..and judging by the lack of response here, it may remain so
Old 06-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #25
Nancetta Brinson

Smile brass vs plastic

My husband and I used our TM for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We found out the hard way about a pressure reducer. We borrowed an extra brass reducer from a camping neighbor, but the pressure was so great, it damaged the brass reducer. The campgound owner says his water comes directly off a 9" main and is about 150 psi. He said after purchasing 7 brass reducers from various suppliers, he finally tried a plastic reducer and had no more problems. We now have both. Also, we have a very leaky water heater when connected to city water. I think we will have to replace the valve in it soon. Otherwise, we love our TM.

Nan