TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #31
SuzieQ16

Default Oops, yes, Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
I am assuming by this you actually mean carbon monoxide detector, If that is the case unless it is a combo CO /LPG detector, I would replace it with a new one that is battery operated. Easy install anywhere and in expensive. CO detectors have about a 5 yrs life so not a bad idea any way.

See I told you I'm a novice! That's what I meant the carbon monoxide detector. And, too late, because he already bought the same type so it would fit back in the hole in the wall the other one was in. Next tme I'll remember to get a battery operated one (that is if I'm not too old by then and have become forgetful!)
Old 01-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #32
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Glad you got it fixed.....however, you're right.....take it to the dealer. They would have checked the lights first (which I assumed he did because you stated that he had them all down).

Do yourself a favor and don't recommend this guy to your friends.......your enemies...maybe but definitely not your friends....
Old 01-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #33
SuzieQ16

Oh, and all, I noticed one time I went out that he also had taken the black button out of the lower bathroom wall (and obviously had the top half leaning over) and chased it under the bathroom over to the kitchen sink area and then put the button back in, so that took some time. Plus, he did read those threads that I told you all that I had printed out (deleting anything I said that might have been snide about him not showing up - ahem!) So, I will close this now and quit bending you all's ears!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #34
SuzieQ16

Default Trust me I won't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
Glad you got it fixed.....however, you're right.....take it to the dealer. They would have checked the lights first (which I assumed he did because you stated that he had them all down).

Do yourself a favor and don't recommend this guy to your friends.......your enemies...maybe but definitely not your friends....
Guess I learned a lesson the hard way.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #35
SuzieQ16

Default Oh forgot

And, no, he didn't check the lights first (at least not the one in the bathroom) and made the comment to me when he did start checking all of them today that it worked at first. Go figure.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #36
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ16 View Post
And, no, he didn't check the lights first (at least not the one in the bathroom) and made the comment to me when he did start checking all of them today that it worked at first. Go figure.

How could it have worked if the the fuse immediately blew as soon as it was replaced????

I'm sorry but that guy blew it (if that really was the problem). He should have found that within the 1st hour IMHO (If he is experienced).

#1 complaint.....lights don't work.....solution....short in light. No brainer.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #37
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Well, glad you're back together at least.

You're right, I am in the Houston Bay Area.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #38
rumbleweed

Default Got a Question

Your repairman said the ballast in bathroom light was shorted causing the fuse blow as soon as the bathroom wall was put up ( safety switch pressed) . For this to happen, the bathroom light switch had to be on. I would think the first thing he would do trying to isolate a short would be to disconnect everything from the circuit ( unplug or shut off) and see if it still occurred..
The good news is it is fixed and usable and you eliminated one person to call next time. IMHO this forum is the first place to go to solve a problem.
Bob
Old 01-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #39
larsdennert

Probably a question of familiarity with the unit. I took apart the whole upper cabinet when I got my TM because the forward lights didn't work. Yea, traced the wires all the way back to the upper vent. Ah, that's what that black thing does.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #40
SuzieQ16

Default We Made it to the Bay!

Thanks again to all of you. I'm almost ashamed to tell you but what the h---. Remember the soap/shampoo/conditioner dealie I had him hang at the last minute when he finished. I told him (now mind you he had lowered the bathroom walls and put them back up several times by now) to "make sure you have it low enough so the walls can be lowered flat" NOT. My husband had to sit on the toilet and unscrew it off of the wall and take it down. That was the final blow. I could tell he was pretty ticked too (you see his father was full-blood Jewish and he hates to let loose of that money!) So, I have learned a few hard lessons. And, I had gotten his name from someone who works @ one of the major RV stores (I won't mention which one).

But the exciting thing that happened to us today was to finally get it down and set up on our lot at the bay! Yippee!!! We had to come home before 5 pm because the Cougars are playing on TV, so will go down again tomorrow to spend the day and start cleaning up our lot more, etc. Most everything washed away, but there is still a lot that we can do ourselves to get things back in shape. Again, I can't thank all of you enough for your help with the electrical problem. I hope I can find future answers to my questions from this wonderful forum, if not I may have to raise a "help" banner again!