TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #41
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

About 2 inches. It is the same throughout the trailer. Just look anywhere there is an opening and you can see. Any door or window should give you a good idea.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #42
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesherp View Post
About 2 inches. It is the same throughout the trailer. Just look anywhere there is an opening and you can see. Any door or window should give you a good idea.
Thank you, the reason I asked, I went to a local RV place asking questions about having a window awning installed and that was his question about the walls. This is good to know. I am debating if I should do it or pay $100.00 to have it done and have the labor guaranteed. I do have time to think about this before the heat kicks in, but it has to be done before summer.

Dave
Old 12-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #43
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Caution! not every rv dealer knows how to deal with the trailmanor construction. Make sure yours does!

Tim
Old 12-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #44
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default awning

You might want to check this thread over:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...=window+awning
It seems to me onemobear did install an awning and I think they used pop rivets. That is how I would do it because the sheet metal skin is very thin.
I can't find the thread that shows the installed awning, I think it was in one of the solar threads as an oh by the way.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #45
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I have a question from anyone who has installed and used the Lil Stanker fan vent combo. How is the odor in the area outside near the vent outlet? Is it unfair to campground neighbors? I really like the idea, but I wonder about some of the "side effects".

Anyone?
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #46
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
You might want to check this thread over:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...=window+awning
It seems to me onemobear did install an awning and I think they used pop rivets. That is how I would do it because the sheet metal skin is very thin.
I can't find the thread that shows the installed awning, I think it was in one of the solar threads as an oh by the way.
What is recommended by one of the awning manufacturers is to use molly rivets (3/16 x 1")
for installing on thin walls. These rivets have 4 slits in them that mushroom like a moly bolt when installed. I used thm to install my awning and it seems very permanent.
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #47
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil_War_Buff View Post
I have a question from anyone who has installed and used the Lil Stanker fan vent combo. How is the odor in the area outside near the vent outlet? Is it unfair to campground neighbors? I really like the idea, but I wonder about some of the "side effects".

Anyone?
Bathroom vent fans are installed in houses and condos too, but I don't remember neighbors complaining about eachother over this issue. It probably comes down to odor molecules per cubic inch, and the vent van and the breeze could both be both important members of the team for this.

I have a vent fan in the TM bathroom with a switch on the toilet side of the sink cabinet, and it discharges air out through the floor. Was this done after market in my TM, or does everybody else have one of these too?

This conversation reminds me of a time long ago and far away when I added a bathroom in a basement project and didn't get the vent fan connected to the vent pipe before the drywall guys closed it all up. But the vent fan seemed to work just fine anyway. I've always wondered where all those little odor molecules disappeared to, and if they're still hiding in that house somewhere.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #48
klv5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
I have a vent fan in the TM bathroom with a switch on the toilet side of the sink cabinet, and it discharges air out through the floor. Was this done after market in my TM, or does everybody else have one of these too?

We have one of those vent fans in our TM also.

Karen
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #49
clown9644

Every TM I looked at had the fan so I assume it is from the factory.
Mr.Adventure said:
"This conversation reminds me of a time long ago and far away when I added a bathroom in a basement project and didn't get the vent fan connected to the vent pipe before the drywall guys closed it all up. But the vent fan seemed to work just fine anyway. I've always wondered where all those little odor molecules disappeared to, and if they're still hiding in that house somewhere."

I would be more concerned about trapping all the humidity from the bathroom in your attic and growing mold. Just a thought.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #50
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown9644 View Post

...I would be more concerned about trapping all the humidity from the bathroom in your attic and growing mold...
Without a shower, it's maybe not such a problem but I'm sure the home inspector would agree with you. But that was before home inspection existed as a common real estate practice. Every house built today probably has something like this hidden somewhere in it, from the missing insulation in the crawlspace to the leaks around the chimney flashings.

And, so many things ultimately depend on how they are used. All I know is we never noticed any smells and the house was still standing 25 years later.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote