TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
bnbarbe

Default Lift System Adjustment

Does anybody know of a good TM maintenance manual or some reference material that talks about lift system adjustments (if any exist)? We only have one TM dealer in our local area and it takes about 2 weeks to get the TM in service then they have it for another week to work on it. I think my front shell is out of alignment. I was hoping that I could do the adjustment myself vs waiting for the dealer to do it. There is big gap (approx 1" between the seal and shell) on the side of the trailer opposite of the door when the TM is closed. When I put the TM down and latch it, I usually have to push on it from the side so the seal meshes with the shell.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 06-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

To my knowledge, no such document exists. However, you will find a really good tutorial on this board, posted by Denny_A several years ago.

Fine Tuning the Lift Mechanism

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
bnbarbe

Thanks Bill,

I will give this a try.

Bill
Old 08-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Gaye Doucette

Wink Opening and closing

I bought my 2007 2720 in March of 2008 when I retired and have been camping 5 times in 3 states. I am 65 yrs old with multiple sclerosis - I can walk but have about 1/2 normal strength. I weigh 150 lbs. I am raising my 10 yr old grandaughter - 70 lbs. Between us we can set up and close the camper. I push in the stirrup and she holds onto the side to close if needed. I use silicone every trip on all hinges - big help. I do carry a board - 4" wide, 1" thick and 4' long. A few times I have placed it in the the stirrup and had her jump on it to get that last extra push to latch. Never got stuck or had to ask for help, although a couple of times people have come over to watch, said they did not see how we were going to manage and would have helped. She "camps" in the driveway with friends a lot and also uses it for her scrapbooking and craft studio at home. I recently had to bring my 88 yr old father to live with me so the house is somewhat a zoo. Getting our money's worth!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
P and B

Gaye- The board idea is very clever indeed.

I sometimes have problems latching the sides of the outside shell and I think I've figured out why. When I push on the stirrups, it seems to flex the sides toward the inside and then the mechanism won't line up correctly. I'm 230 so you wouldn't think I'd have a problem but it might be because I'm a little too heavy- causing the sidewalls to flex too much.

Sounds like the TM isn't the only challenge you have there. Best of luck.

Phil