TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
GoldenTrail2720SD

Default Leaking Pipes - Sinks?

Hello TM Owner's Forum!

I am a brand new TM2720SD owner in Golden, Colorado! I purchased a pre-loved 2720SD from a great couple in the Denver area back in the Spring. My 4 year old and I took our new "clubhouse" out for a test run on Memorial Day and discovered some plumbing "issues".

#1 - Water Pump - the water pump (2nd on this rig) was fried. Turn it on and it just made a "humming" sound. Went to Nolan's RV and for $80 and a torqued back (and 45 minutes of labor) I replaced it and away we go.

#2 - Leaks - after flushing the system twice (after replacing the pump) I noticed that both kitchen and bathroom facets are leaking.

QUESTIONS / COMMENTS - I am fairly handy and have done plumbing work before on my own house. My questions are this:

1. Are plumbing leaks a common issue with TM's and all camper/travel trailers due to the "movement" with towing and moving them?

2. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to fix these leaks?

NOTES:

-I am planning on first trying to put white plumbers tape on the facet connects to stop the leaking. One of the leaks (kitchen facet) drips directly down on the water pump which may have lead to the previous pump going back. (burn-out or short).

-The previous owners have been EXCELLENT and have not only paid for half of the water pump replacement, but they have gone ABOVE AND BEYOND in their advice, help and transition to this Trailmanor. They are retiring and purchased a much larger travel trailer and have become friends and mentors to someone new to the RV camping world.

I look forward to hearing responses and advice.

Thanks!

David

TV = 2008 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport
TM = 2002 2720SD
Old 06-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
grakin

David,

The only leaks I've ever had in my TM were in the shower due to freezing (I now winterize it like any other RV - I don't rely on low point drains, as it is impossible for all the faucets to drain 100% in many circumstances). The plumbing as a whole seems like reasonably good quality and fairly accessible compared to many campers.

Most leaks in a camper are going to be due to freezing and will only be discovered in spring - make sure you winterize your camper properly (lots of posts on this forum about how to do that).