TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #1
PeterOC

Default Need help with Water Heater

We took our Trailmanor out this weekend. During setup, about 3-5 minutes after switching on the gas water heater, the Carbon Monoxide detector started beeping. This is the first time the detector started beeping for real, and thankfully it alerted to us of the smell of gas. My wife noticed gas smell under the sink near the water heater. We turned OFF the water heater switch inside the TM just below the sink. Everything seemed to be OK. We used the furnace at night, but in the middle of the night, I woke up, got scared and shut off the gas completely from outside. I did this manually at the tank mounted the the hitch of the TM.

QUESTION:
The one thing I did notice, was at the time of lighting the water heater, there was a very strong wind (10MPH) outside blowing into the side of my Trailmanor. THe direction of the breeze was directly into the water heater vent on the outside. Is it possible that a strong breeze can prevent the water heater from lighting, or extinguish the pilot, then blow propane gas into the living area under the sink and set off the Carbon Monoxide detector? Has anyone experienced that?

Now, another issue, perhaps simpler. Since my trip, I've parked my TM outside for debug. Now I notice that on the display panel, the Water Heater switch doesn't light up when I toggle the switch (just below the sink). All switches light up... except the water heater. That is, on the black panel, from right to left, the 1) refrigerator fan lighted switch back-lights (illuminates) when I flip it up, 2) the the water pump switch back-lights (illuminate) when I flip that switch and starts to make the pumping noise, BUT... 3) the water heater switch does NOT illuminate when I flip the switch up. The water doesn't get hot either - it doesn't even try to ignite the water heater tank. I checked the fuse box, but nothing wrong there.

I've got the "Installation and Operation Manual" for the Suburban Manufacturing Company "Direct Vent Gas Water Heater.
" Haven't found out what my 2 problems are.

Has anyone experienced any of the two problems I have?
1) a strong side wind can cause the water heater to fail to light AND cause the Carbon Monoxide detector alarm to go off inside the TM.
2) The lighted switch fails to illuminate when I switch the water heater on (and the water heater doesn't work)

Please let me know if anyone has any helpful hints
PeterOC is offline   Reply With Quote