TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2003, 07:25 PM   #1
Russ-Bett

Default FWIW Bike Rack

For what its worth - I forgot to mention earlier that we tried out a Swagman Bike rack that fits on the hitch (2 inch bar) that worked great. We had followed the previous discussion on bike racks and thought about putting one on the back of the TM.

The hitch we are using fits fine on the back of our TV (Ford F150 with a Reese trnion WD hitch)-- the bikes ride between the TV and the TM without binding. When we travel, the last thing we load are the bikes and the first thing we remove are the bikes --
Old 08-21-2003, 06:52 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re:FWIW Bike Rack

Is this the kind that rids on top of the bar so that the hitch ball is right behind it? I looked at those as well, but knew I couldn't use the, because we needed the weight distributing hitch for the weight of our 3225 model.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:13 PM   #3
Russ-Bett

Default Re:FWIW Bike Rack

F. J. & Ellen

The Swagman bike rack fits around the 2 inch Reese hitch bar. It has a 2 inch sleeve that fits on the hitch bar between the receiver and the ball. It is not in way of the operation of our Reese trunion hitch since there is plenty of room between the end of the receiver and the hitch ball for the Swgman sleeve. Also, there is enough room so that the bikes do not touch the TM on turns; however, we do have to remove the bikes in the event we want to open the TM while it is still hitch to the TV.

It also has locks on it and swings down out of the way when we want to open the tailgate on our pickup. We are "sold" on this kind of bike rack.

Hope this answers your question.