Installing lift kit

New Reply
Subscription Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
04-09-2010, 08:56 PM

New owner of a TM, so what is a lift kit?

04-09-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reldma View Post
New owner of a TM, so what is a lift kit?
Basically, it's a 2" spacer that goes between the axle and frame. It "Lifts" the trailer for better ground clearance.

This thread may help:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...light=lift+kit
04-10-2010, 05:19 AM

Hi Reldma,

You don't have what year TM you have in your profile, so I thought I'd mention that since sometime in the '07 model year they changed Dexter axles so that the "lift kit" is no longer required.

I believe the new axle has a different angle or something like that, and gives the same ground clearance as using the old one and adding the lift kit.

Keith
04-10-2010, 05:35 AM
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wire View Post
Hi Reldma,

You don't have what year TM you have in your profile, so I thought I'd mention that since sometime in the '07 model year they changed Dexter axles so that the "lift kit" is no longer required.

I believe the new axle has a different angle or something like that, and gives the same ground clearance as using the old one and adding the lift kit.

Keith
Yep, The Newer Axle Already Has The Lift Built In, I Believe It's Called A 45 Degree Down Axle.
My '08 Stood 16" From The Ground To The Bottom Of The Frame And My 15" Tires And Wheels Fit With No Modifications.
10-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Clwpaddler
Default Lift Kit

Hi everyone, DW and I just bought a 2001 3023 and we pick it up tomorrow. Can you tell me why you would want to raise the TM? We will be traveling extensively in about 3 years when retirement comes around so reading everything I can now so we are set to go then.

Thanks

Woody
New Reply