TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
rinshin

I am half Japanese so electric rice cooker is stored. The only other electric kitchen item is our coffee maker and coffee grinder. Surprisingly, I do 75% of cooking in the TM when we are out.
rinshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I broke down and bought a collapsible salad spinner. It doubles as a colander and a bowl. I take the bowl with us when we tent camp because it takes up so little room.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
camp2canoe

Default NuWave cooktop

DW and I broke down and bought one of those portable NuWave induction cooktops featured in all those obnoxious infomercials. We like it! We occasionally use it as a fourth burner inside our (sorry) nonTM camper - since it is diffucult to actually use all 3 burners of the Suburban stove, it often is used as a third burner. When we have free electric, we use it to save on gas. Mostly we use it outside either to cook on or just to use as a warming tray. Thus far it is holding up fine and when it gives up the ghost, we have the second "free" one offered in the commercials to take its place. - camp2canoe
Old 01-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #4
Gwenne & Len

Default ..Time for an update on TM cooking gadgets.....

It's a long winter.....I"m thinking about traveling in a couple months, and we need updated tips on cooking in our TM's.....anybody in?
Anyway, our TM didn't come with an oven or microwave.....I bought a Breville toaster oven. It was a bit expensive, but it was the top rated toaster oven. WE LOVE IT. I take in the house when we aren't camping. It's convection, toasts, bakes, broils. I also take my keurig.....gotta have my coffee! I'm going to take a crock pot when we go for a couple of months. We got a Weber grill, and we take our portable induction burner......we can cook breakfast on the picnic table, or have an extra burner in the TM. I'll also take my electric wine opener.....it's the little things!! Yep, I like having hook ups!!
2012 Highlander
Leelanau County, Michigan
Gwenne & Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Collapsible salad spinner. Need our greens!
Old 03-17-2022, 12:58 PM   #6
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Collapsible salad spinner. Need our greens!
+1
We had to have one, too!! The collapsible bowl that came within it has turned out to be incredibly useful on its own.

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:41 AM   #7
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

We use a stove top percolator. Don't have to wait 24 minutes between cups of coffee.

Seriously though, I prefer the taste of coffee from a percolator than from any drip or Keurig machine. But then, I started roasting and grinding my own coffee too. Don't get me wrong though, I'm no coffee snob. The only reason I'm roasting my own coffee is to have an easy source of dark roast decaf (helps with acid refulx).

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote