TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
P and B

Beth and I thank all of you for your kind and supportive words. Chap- I'll try you suggestion on hitching and unhitching. I'm pretty sure we've been doing exactly the opposite of what you've suggested.

Bobby, I will indeed check the tires for out of balance conditions. If I don't see any counterweights then I'll know. It will be difficult for me to get the tires off in my scary driveway so I might have to wait until I go out the next time and alert the tire guys that I'm coming. We might go out next weekend for a quickie.

Shandysplace- terrific idea but expensive yes? Maybe you don't have to do all the stuff on a front hitch for the rear hitch. Interesting idea though. I was toying with getting a camera for the back of the TM so I could see behind it. Problem with our driveway is that it goes downhill so once you drop the TM over the edge, you can't see anything at all. If I could just see behind the TM, I think it would be easier- although I'm going to do the practice in the parking lot thing the next time I go out.

I wanted to thank everyone who sent me a response. I know my post was kind of long. I forgot to mention that ML320 towed the TM with no problems. I wasn't speeding up any mountains but I watched my temp guage and it barely increased up the long steep grades. When I went below 50 I just turned my hazard lights on and plowed ahead. It would probably be nice to have a bigger engine but 16 mpg is hard to beat. I remember my class C got 9 mpg, downhill with a tailwind, so this is far superior.

When I fix the MW for good (we kind of did a temp fix) I'll post some pictures on what I did.

We look forward to joining the TrailBlazers (if I get around to filling out the paperwork) and meeting some fellow owners.

Thanks again,

Phil