TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2003, 07:14 AM   #1
jbowen

Default ON THE ROAD AGAIN

We picked up our 2003 3023 3 weeks ago and have used it every weekend since.  We had the windows limo tinted to keep the curtains from fading and to fool Mooch into sleeping later.  It works.  An additional bonus is that in the summer it will keep the inside cooler.  Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site we were able to avoid many pitfalls and utilized alot of the ideas that were so readily shared.  Our dealer installed an MP3 stereo in it prior to our taking delivery.  We have egg crates inside the mattress cover. (thank you for that suggestion.  It was nice to be able to get up and walk without pain). We have manufactured the bathroom privacy panels and they work splendidly.  We sandwiched foam rubber between two 3/16 pieces of foam board and covered it with contact paper.  We cut the board slightly smaller than the foam rubber. The foam rubber will expand and contract as necessary to fit.  Even though the Durango is rated to tow 7500 lbs. the trans temp light came on when we were towing it up the mountain.  We had a trans cooler installed when we got home and there was no problem towing it up the mountain the next weekend.  Everything worked well.  There were no mishaps.  It went up and came down as designed.  Everyone, who saw it, wanted to come inside and see it up close and personal.  I am thinking of installing a turnstile at the door.  (LOL).   jim wants to install a flat screen TV that lowers from the ceiling like the ones in airplanes.   I am sure that one of you can figure out a way to do it.  I can no longer call this camping.  This is much better.    We are leaving this afternoon for another week end trip to the mountains.  As my husband is so fond of saying,"somebody pinch me"!!!