TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
G&KEllis

Default Front Shell Help

We took our TM to an RV repair shop here in TN. One to replace the AC seals because we didn't know how to pull that off without stepping on the roof. and fix the ease of lifting the shells.the first time we got it back the AC unit wasn't mounted right and there is now a bubble in the side where the lift arms are in the upper shell. on the second trip I think they stepped on the roof, now it is leaking more than it ever has. It was misting here in Nashville on friday. I had a lake on the floor under the ac and 2 front vents. They didn't help the ease of lifting but "leveled" the front shell I think by lowering the shell on the lift arms, because now the front shell sits different and the Velcro pads angle down instead of are level across from where they attach to the shell and Velcro on. I"m going to need help with this one. I'm wondering about getting a new front shell.
Thanks Kate
G&KEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Replacing a shell would be a pretty big deal, possibly costing as much as another used Trailmanor. It is definitely the case that an inept repair person can put weight on the shell and deform it, and their adjustments sound wrong and would probably rub the front shell ceiling and rear shell roof together when closed, creating new black marks on the front shell ceiling. I just attached braces to my front shell to restore the roof curvature. That is not for the faint of heart either, and will require me to increase the strength of one set of torsion bars (fortunately I saw this coming and got used ones). What year and model do you have?
Old 10-29-2018, 06:36 AM   #3
G&KEllis

I have a 2003 3023.
My other thought is to re roof the center of the roof by adding a sheet of aluminum to the center of the roof and remove one of the 2 vents in front of the ac unit. Doing this I would shim the center to recreate the natural curve.
G&KEllis is offline   Reply With Quote