TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
eddugo

Default Sealand 711 Tank and number change

Decided to take the plunge and order the Sealand Toilet. After talking with Scamp and the Dometic Sealand Customer Service, what I found out is that the 711-M28C is now the 712 Rv and the tank is now 26" wide instead of 18 7/8" the width of the old tank. So, back to the drawing board on the toilet change out as I only have 20" to work with.
eddugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Don't you just love it when manufacturers make "improvements"

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddugo View Post
Decided to take the plunge and order the Sealand Toilet. After talking with Scamp and the Dometic Sealand Customer Service, what I found out is that the 711-M28C is now the 712 Rv and the tank is now 26" wide instead of 18 7/8" the width of the old tank. So, back to the drawing board on the toilet change out as I only have 20" to work with.
Hi Ed--I think you are still OK. I just spent some time on the phone, I lost all the factory contacts I made when I installed my Sealand, so it took some time to get to the right people. Dometic (who bought out Sealand, but are still two very separate companies) is the fountain of misinformation and their website is under major renovation. The people at Sealand tell me that they make a newer version, the 712 specifically for Scamp but continue to make the original 711. I called ARDEMCO and the person I talked to had not heard of the 712 and said they only stock the 711. Now he did not go out to the warehouse with a tape measure so you might ask them to make sure before you order. Here is their website http://www.ardemco.com/sealand-31237...let-with-tank/ They MIGHT offer the option of bone or white, not sure, better ask them.

Since you are in Florida, I called Environmental Services (a Sealand dealer) in Ft. Lauderdale, lots of confusion over the 3" floor drain that we need, they stock the 1-1/2" marine version. Sue quotes a price of $352 for the bowl and $408 for the tank--yeeoww!!! You can order and pick up there.

Edit: She called me back and could not find it cheaper.

Good luck, you'll love it
wayne

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

Ed--hold off on ordering from Environmental Marine. Scamp called me today and they are totally confused by the 26" dimension you mentioned. They say there has been no change and there is not enuf room in their bathrooms for that size. I believe there was some miscommunication from Dometic to you. Scamp is now all riled up about this and is afraid to sell their in-stock 18-7/8" wide toilets. The parts guy actually went out and measured two toilets, both 18-7/8". They will call me back next week when this is cleared up.

Bill: If you read this, maybe it should be moved to the thread about replacing with Sealand? http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=12975

wayne

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
eddugo

Hi Wayne; I have put this thing on hold until I find someone that really knows what is available. The person in the shipping room at Dometic sent me the pic below and told me these are the only 2 19 x 19 mol tanks left in the world and they are so old they have yellowed inthe box. the guy in the parts department at Scamp told me the tanks were 26" wide ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	9206  
eddugo is offline   Reply With Quote